Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Work Day

Busy day at work today.  Lots of school and sports physicals, and sometimes it feels like my head is spinning.  But I have to say that as the years have gone by here, I've gotten attached to a lot of my families.  It's very gratifying to watch my patients grow up, and I love this time of year when the soon-to-be college freshman come in and tell us where they'll be going in the fall.  So exciting for them.  Sometimes I think I would love to be seventeen again, bright-eyed, so eager, with it all ahead of me.  But it's six o'clock now, and time to go home.  Maybe I don't want to be seventeen again, because then I wouldn't have Sophia and Max running to the door when I get home; I do love that moment of the day when I walk in and they come hurling themselves at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment